Skip to main content

Where to stay in Kuala Lumpur - The Traders Hotel. A review

When looking to stay in Kuala Lumpur (KL) the options are nearly limitless - from high-end luxury to quaint boutiques to backpackers' budget. I recently stayed in the luxurious Traders Hotel which overlooks KLCC park and is opposite the iconic Petronas Twin Towers. A note before I get started - this hotel is not cheap! The room I selected runs you back about RM550 but is definitely worth the cost should you want the indulgence.

Parking and reception.

The reception is split between three floors the ground floor the first floor and the fifth floor. The parking believe it or not is actually in the convention centre lot which I am told has a separate security guard and is free for overnight guests. The concierge is located on ground, group check ins on first, and general check ins on fifth.

The reception staff were efficient, had impeccable English and customer service skills. The man who handled me answered all of my questions accurately and informatively and generally gave me more information then I required. He verified my room details twice, gave me an extra key, and helped me to complete my membership to their frequent visitor programme.

Room and hallways.

The rooms were generally clean and there was a nice smell as they had some kind of air freshener running. The carpeting was lush and soft and the walls had some fun abstract paintings on them.  I liked this one below the best.


There was something odd in the hall. One of my neighbours kept leaving diapers in the hallway. I think I found a fresh... batch (!?) every time I left my room.


The room itself was breath taking. The view is/was exquisite and amenities were top notch. The pictures tell a much better story so I will annotate them below.

The king sized bed... built for a king... me! They had foam pillows, which I had requested.

The business centre area. Very comfortable and I worked there.

The sitting area - perfect for enjoying the view.

The disappointment of the room was the TV which was really quite small compared to other business rooms I had been in.

The full sized tub - I did not use it, but it is a great touch.

They left me a lollipop...how... sweet.

The toiletries were plentiful for a single traveller but might be lacking for a family or couple.

I cannot eat oranges due to my allergies But I liked the presentation and sentiment.

Without any further ado - The View!

Afternoon view out the large windows.


Night view - truly amazing!

Late night or more accurately early morning - spectacular and eerie!


The bottom line...

Who should stay here

business travellers, honeymooners, urbanite vacationers.

Budget

high-end luxury

Quality

Definitely worth every star


Up next...  the F and B at the Traders


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ESL Writing Tips - Paragraph Structuring

I've been working on some writing materials for a course I am supposed to be teaching next week, so I thought I would get the ball rolling by making a post about basic paragraph structuring. What is a paragraph? The most basic thing to learn when tackling writing a paragraph is to understand the relationship between the components and understand the definition of a paragraph. Our end result is the paragraph but before that we must have some sentences, those sentences are made up of words, those words come from ideas, and hopefully our ideas have a theme or topic. To sum up a paragraph is a bunch of words on on topic organised into a series of sentences. Simple right?  What are the parts of a paragraph? So glad I asked because I have a picture just for this: So Informative Many learners do not pay close enough attention to the impact that a good topic sentence can have. In order to have a good topic sentence you must ensure that you have indeed made a logica

Free coffee

well today, as some of you malaysians may know, starbucks was giving out free drinks today between 12 and 2pm.  it was a mystery frapp with no whipped cream (for shame) with red beans or tea jelly depending how lucky(or unlucky) you were. I wasn't really bothered one way or the other because  the love of my life    my favourite barrista was there. In true, giving out free crap fashion the line had to have about 50 people in it and took the better part of 30minutes to get through.  I had once on a whim calculated how much I get paid per minute of life... let me tell you... my free frapp cost me in that equation... lucky we don' count life that way or else we would never find the joy in free coffee.

Urbanfresh at Setia City Mall

I recently made the unfathomable trip from my home to Setia City Mall in Setia Alam Malaysia. I was, of course, in search of interesting shopping and imported food. Some background. For those of you living in Setia Alam congrats on picking a beautiful place to live; however, my condolences as you all live in the bloody boonies!  Setia City is an INCREDIBLY nice mall with a fine selection of shops and F&B outlets, but unfortunately no game stores or Chilis (TGIFridays? Really? Ugh.) I stumbled upon a grocery store that looked quite up-scale and my import sense started tingling. What a classy place with words like Urban and fresh right in the name it must be good. The pillar says "fresh food" for seal's sake so come on! They had this interesting apple display going on at the front of the store.  This is actually a cardboard tree with apples all around it. It is a neat idea... I just hope the apples didn't grow on cardboard! The fresh fruit and veg