Skip to main content

Review - Marvel Puzzle Quest

Are you cool?

I mean really, are you cool?

If you answered yes, you must be playing Marvel Puzzle Quest. If you said no, you are just another sheep playing "Candy Crush" BAA BAA sheep go drink your Hi-goat and play with your candy.

Marvel Puzzle Quest is one in a long line of 'puzzle quest' game that follow the tried and true 'match three things' formula that is so popular today.  Confused? Yes? Do not panic! Everything will become clear.



Lets take a look at the game play.

So you start out on the map screen where you select the enemy you will face. A nice little comic will play and then you battle.



So each character has different powers relating to different colours. So if I collect three red symbols Iron Man attacks, but if I get pink Black Widow will attack. Characters also have special moves which can be performed by spending the accumulated coloured symbols. The enemy and yourself have life points which when reduced to zero result in death. 

Can my characters get stronger? Yes they can. Each character is represented by a comic cover and if you get two of the same cover you can merge them to power up your character's attack.
You can then spend in-game currency to level up your characters.

 Want more covers buy them!
 My monstrous collection of free covers!

Nothing in my life has given me the same satisfaction as knowing that my Iron Man is level 12.


Overall, if you like Marvel characters (wolverine, spiderman, iron man) this is a game for you. If you like candy crush but you are bored of your inability to pass level 246 then give this a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ESL Writing Tips - Paragraph Structuring

I've been working on some writing materials for a course I am supposed to be teaching next week, so I thought I would get the ball rolling by making a post about basic paragraph structuring. What is a paragraph? The most basic thing to learn when tackling writing a paragraph is to understand the relationship between the components and understand the definition of a paragraph. Our end result is the paragraph but before that we must have some sentences, those sentences are made up of words, those words come from ideas, and hopefully our ideas have a theme or topic. To sum up a paragraph is a bunch of words on on topic organised into a series of sentences. Simple right?  What are the parts of a paragraph? So glad I asked because I have a picture just for this: So Informative Many learners do not pay close enough attention to the impact that a good topic sentence can have. In order to have a good topic sentence you must ensure that you have indeed made a logica

Top 5 reasons why I secretly think I may be Jimmy James from newsradio

5. I am insane Jimmy James the eccentric owner of the fictional WNYX is a tad bit more than nutty he is full on cray cray. I would like to say I am not but let's be honest I made this list and that should be proof enough. 4. I am the boss Although technically my position is closer to Dave's I am still a boss and I have lots of wild ideas. Dave doesn't have the ridiculousness of Jimmy... but I do. 3. Similar build This one is waaaaaay to easy. 2. Similar views on management Remember the episode when Jimmy hires the efficiency expert to get rid of everyone without taking any of the blame. That is totally something I wish I could do. Jimmy, later on does over some of the choices as he is a fair person. Just like me. 1. Has bizarre rules on management Big JJ has these rules on management based on tired axioms and unrelated sayings. These words of advice though nonsensical I have found really work and actually help. So remember the first rule of management "mea

Urbanfresh at Setia City Mall

I recently made the unfathomable trip from my home to Setia City Mall in Setia Alam Malaysia. I was, of course, in search of interesting shopping and imported food. Some background. For those of you living in Setia Alam congrats on picking a beautiful place to live; however, my condolences as you all live in the bloody boonies!  Setia City is an INCREDIBLY nice mall with a fine selection of shops and F&B outlets, but unfortunately no game stores or Chilis (TGIFridays? Really? Ugh.) I stumbled upon a grocery store that looked quite up-scale and my import sense started tingling. What a classy place with words like Urban and fresh right in the name it must be good. The pillar says "fresh food" for seal's sake so come on! They had this interesting apple display going on at the front of the store.  This is actually a cardboard tree with apples all around it. It is a neat idea... I just hope the apples didn't grow on cardboard! The fresh fruit and veg